We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our Services users.
The terms “we”, “us”, “our” refer to Musizel.
We process personal information both as a controller and as a processor, according to the GDPR.
What information do we collect?We collect following personal information from you:
- Information that is required for the registration in Musizel.
- We will require you to connect your phone number, email-adress, birthdate and gender with your Musizel account when creating a new account for verification and account restoring purposes. Your birthdate will be visible to your followers by default, but can be hidden by changing your Musizel account settings.
- We will also (optionally) require you to connect to and provide your profile information from one of the following music streaming services: Spotify, Deezer, Apple Music, TIDAL, or similar music streaming services.
This information will include: your nickname, profile picture, your (music) listening behaviour and your public playlists.
You will need to explicitly grant us the permission to this information, before successfully logging in to your selected music streaming service.
- You may provide additional information to fill your profile, such as a biography and a profile picture;
- We collect information about your Services use experience – your device information, IP-address, time and duration of use.
This information is being used to help you with managing your sessions, protect your rights and fix issues about your account.
We also collect anonymized and aggregated way details of your visits to the Services including, but not limited to traffic data, location data, length visit, other communication data, IP address, device information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers). It is non-personally identifiable information.
We currently use the third party API from Spotify to fill Musizel with content - but connecting your account with an Spotify account is optional.
The Spotify Policy can be found at https://developer.spotify.com/policy/.
Legal basis of processingWe process your personal information on the following grounds:
- The registration information, including the information you provide from one of the optional music streaming services (only one), and your Services use experience are being processed **to provide you with certain services (help to find the best recommendations for you etc.)**.
Without this information we will be unable to provide you with them; and
- Your profile picture is being processed based on your consent to do so. Your nickname, email address and telephone number to send you notifications are also being used based on your consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time. You can usually do it on the Profile page.
This withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before.
- We use your information for our marketing purposes without any additional consent from you. The legal basis for it is our **legitimate interest**.
How do we use your personal information?We may use your personal information in following ways:
- to provide you with certain services;
- to communicate you about significant announcements about Services’ or any user account you may create;
- to provide you with email newsletters and announcements;
- to contact you about other products and service offers from us;
- to improve the Services usability;
- for marketing purposes; and
- to improve your experience by personalizing the Services.
Some of your information, such as nickname, profile picture and information about your music listening activity will be available on your public profile for other users.
In addition to the disclosures for the purposes identified elsewhere in this privacy notice, we may disclose information about you:
- if we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings;
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information for the purposes offraud prevention); and
- to the purchaser or seller of any business or asset which we are selling or purchasing. Except as provided in this privacy notice, we will not sell, share or rent your information to third parties.
Retaining your personal informationWe will store your personal information till it is necessary to carry out our obligations to you regarding the Services.
We will not store your information if you delete your account or we do not use it anymore for the purposes listed in this privacy notice.
Your RightsRegarding your Personal Information, you have the right to request us: - an access to the information that was collected;
- to update and keep information accurate;
- to delete any undesirable collected information;
- to restrict the processing of the information;
- to stop the processing of the information in case that the information is used for direct marketing purposes; and
- to send your Personal Information to any third party. You can complete requests by contacting us at [email protected]
Security of your personal informationYour personal information is being stored and processed on Google cloud servers. These servers have all technical measures that comply with GDPR requirements.
We take necessary and sufficient organizational measures to protect your information from unauthorized or accidental access, destruction, modification, blocking, copying, distribution, as well as from other illegal actions of third parties.
Immediate access to the personal information is allowed only to our authorized employees involved in providing the Services. Such employees keep strict confidentiality and prevent unauthorized third-party access to personal information.
Changes to this notice
We may update this privacy notice from time-to-time by posting a new version in our Services. We advise you to check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes.
However, we will endeavor to provide you with the announcement about any significant changes.
Third-party servicesOur Services contain links to third-party services and platforms.
We are not responsible for the content, terms and conditions or privacy policies of third-party websites.
We encourage users to be aware when they leave our Services and to read the privacy statements of the websites that collect personally identifiable information.
Third party websites may contain their own cookies. We are not responsible for their usage of cookies.
If you believe that our use of your Personal Information violates your rights, you can lodge a complaint with your national data protection authority.
Contacting UsShould you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact us.